Formula SAE Team from the University of Michigan:
Michigan Electric Racing (MER) uses Dana’s M220 and M110 OpenECU controllers for Formula SAE Electric Vehicle.
About Formula SAE:
“SAE International’s Collegiate Design Series (CDS) competitions take students beyond textbook theory by enabling them to design, build, and test the performance of a real vehicle and then compete with other students from around the globe in exciting and intense competitions.”- SAE.
Michigan Electric Racing designs and builds an all-electric formula style race car every year. MER vehicles include many cutting-edge features:
- Independent, Dual Rear Wheel Drive
- Custom Battery Pack, designed from the cell up
- Custom Distributed Battery Management System
- Custom Motor Controllers
- Independent Torque Vectoring and Traction Control
- Live Data of three interoperable vehicle CAN Buses
- Full Aerodynamics Package, including front/rear wings, Undertrays, Diffuser, Side Wings, and Complete Body Work
- Rear Wheel Bump Steering
- Custom, In-House Manufactured Gearboxes, Spindles/Uprights, and other Suspension Components
- Advanced Driver Interface Controls and Feedback
Learn More about the team here